1. Consider the following statements:
1. The Charter Act 1853 abolished East India Company’s monopoly of Indian trade
2. Under the Government of India Act 1858, the British Parliament abolished the East India Company altogether and undertook the responsibility of ruling India directly.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only (b) 2 only
c) Both 1 and 2 (d) neither 1 nor 2
2. Consider the following Viceroys of India during the British rule:
1. Lord Curzon 2. Lord Chelmsford
3. Lord Harding 4. Lord Irwin
Which one of the following is the correct chronological order of their tenure?
a) 1-3-2-4 b) 2-4-1-3
c) 1-4-2-3 d) 2-3-1-4
Resource : IAS General Studies Main IAS General Studies Main: Question Paper 2004, 2005 & 2006 – Analyse Pattern of Question & Change IAS General Studies Main – Science & Technology : Part 1-Ten Topics IAS General Studies Main: Current National issues and topics of social relevance – Ten Topics
Vision IAS: Special Membership
IAS GS – Ancient India – Indus Valley Civilization : Major Sites ( Map Presentation )