4. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
a) The boiling point of an aqueous solution is higher than that of pure water
b) Addition of solutes to a solution causes an increase in its water potential
c) The vapour pressure of the water in a solution is lower than that of pure water
d) When a solution is separated from water by a semi permeable membrane, water movement can be prevented by applying pressure to the solution.
10. If water pollution continues at its present rate, it will eventually.
a) Stop water cycle b) Prevent precipitation
c) Make oxygen molecules unavailable to water plants
d) Make nitrate unavailable to water plants
7. Consider the following statements: In a nuclear reactor, self-sustained chain reaction is possible, because:
1. More neutrons are released in each of the fission reaction
2. The neutrons immediately take part in the fission process
3. The fast neutrons are slowed down by Graphite
4. Every neutron released in the fission reaction initiates further fission Which of these statements are correct? a) 1,2 and 3 b) 1 and 3
c) 2 and 4 d) 2, 3 and 4
IAS GS – Ancient India – Indus Valley Civilization : Major Sites ( Map Presentation )