11. Which of the following characteristics prevail when members of a particular group consider another groups as reference group?
1. Striving for admission 2. Mutual awareness 3. Conferral superiority
4. Individual initiative 5. Emulation 6. Simple comparison
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
a) 1, 3, 5 and 6 only b) 2, 3,4 and 5 only
c) 3, 4, 5 and 6 only d) 1, 2,3 and 4 only
12. Which among the following correctly describes changed position of women in a modem Indian family?
a) Woman’s increasing economic independence
b) Woman’s becoming head of the family
c) Woman’s growing indifference to her domestic obligations
d) Woman’s competitiveness with male peers in the family
13. While social status implies a collection of rights and duties, what does social role represent.
a) The opposite of social status
b) The dynamic aspect of social status
c) The passive aspect of social status
d) The same as social status
SOCIOLOGY PRELIM 2009
Download Complete Program at ~